You may not realize it, but content marketing often convinces you to research a business and buy from them. That’s why content marketing is important.
Let’s consider a hypothetical scenario.
You find a blog post entitled “Top 10 Black-Owned Beauty Brands.” You click on the post because you’re a person of color looking for the perfect under-eye concealer for your skin tone. After clicking to the company’s website via the blog post, you notice a demonstration video applying the concealer. You watch it. At the end of the demo video, they provide their social media handles, encouraging you to follow them. You search for their account on Instagram, follow them, and purchase the concealer from their website. The blog post captured your attention. The demo video interested you. And the social media accounts provided extra information. The website allowed you to read a description and purchase what you were looking for.
My friend, you were just influenced by four types of content marketing before you even clicked “order now.” So, why is content marketing important?
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the creation of relevant and engaging content that helps business owners engage with and educate their audience. It’s about creating and sharing content that enables you to connect with your audience. Content marketing looks slightly different for every business, depending on what you’re selling and who you’re selling to.
Types of content marketing include:
- Blog Posts
- Lead Magnets
- Social Media
Regardless of format, content marketing should provide helpful, engaging, honest resources for your audience.
Why is Content Marketing Crucial to Your Business?
Not only does content marketing grab potential customers’ attention, it also informs and educates your current customers. It increases web traffic, which leads to more sales. More sales lead to loyal clients. Loyal clients refer their friends. Then you have a robust overall clientele.
It’s paramount to include content marketing in your marketing strategies. Ads are no longer the only (or even the best) way to pique interest. Companies that use content marketing have six times the conversions as those that don’t. And 80% of business owners said their customers would rather learn about products and services through content. Further, 95% of customers said content makes them trust a business more. More conversions, customer preference, greater trust… what more could a brand ask for?
While an increase in sales might be the goal, not everyone will buy from your business. Plain and simple. But, those non-buyers can still be an advocate. It’s essential to provide content that’s relevant to advocates too. It should be shareable, informative content they can discuss with the people in their lives who may become your customers. For example, a person could be allergic to perfume but still recommend a perfume subscription box to their fragrance-obsessed friend. They’re an advocate for the brand, even though they can’t use the product themselves.
More reasons to implement content marketing include:
- Competition is Using It. Don’t get moved to the back burner in your industry just because you’re not implementing helpful strategies. Work smarter, not harder.
- Stimulates Interest in Your Brand. You want buzz about your company to radiate through the right platforms and grab the attention of larger audiences. Content marketing does just that.
- Establishes Authority. You become a source for others in your industry when you produce content your audience wants to see and engage. When you prove credibility, even your peers will begin following your lead. Be a trendsetter in your field!
- Builds Trust. More than anything, clients want to trust you and your brand. They want to trust that you will tell the truth and remain consistent. Giving them content that builds their confidence in you, and keeps communication lines open, is essential.
- Search Engine Optimization. Your business’s visibility will increase dramatically when you produce trustworthy, quality content. You will even move up in the search engine ranks if you’re doing this whole content marketing thing correctly! That means people will find your brand when they do a Google search for related products or information.
- It’s Educational. Learning something new gives us nerdy folks quite the rush! Providing educational content people can rely on is more powerful than you might think. Content marketing is also educational for you. It’s direct insight into what works for your audience engagement and what doesn’t.
- Return on Investment. Content marketing is affordable! Less than half the cost of traditional forms of marketing. Given the drive in sales it can provide, content marketing is a savvy business decision. This ROI is especially helpful for companies that don’t have a ton of funds to spend on ads. Make content marketing part of your strategy!
Let Content Journey Help Your Business
Content marketing is here to stay. At Content Journey, we help brands build the best content marketing strategy to serve their client’s needs. All the content we produce is well-researched and written. We focus on providing valuable information that establishes you as an authority in your industry. For more information on how we can help your business, contact us or set up a call today. We’d love to guide you on your content journey.