Did you think we were done with the announcements after last week?
Think again! We are so excited to introduce you all to Kenna Griffin, our director of content.
Kenna has been a writer, editor, and educator for more than two decades, and she has a Ph.D in journalism from the University of Oklahoma. She also knew Cory Miller before it was cool to know Cory Miller.
As the director of content, Kenna’s responsibilities will include onboarding creative talent, editing content, and managing our writing staff.
“Writing has always come naturally to me, except when it doesn’t. I love coaching people to become better writers and to really feel proud of their work.” – Kenna Griffin
Kenna will continue serving as the remote media training specialist for The Shield at the University of Southern Indiana and as an adjunct professor in the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma.
Kenna openly professes that student journalists are her “favorite people in the world.”
(After her team at Content Journey, of course.)
Like the rest of us, Kenna participated in an assessment that identified her strengths. Not surprisingly, Kenna’s strengths are completely different than the rest of the team. They are:
- Significance: People exceptionally talented in the Significance theme want to make a big impact. They are independent and prioritize projects based on how much influence they will have on their organization or people around them.
- Learner: People exceptionally talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. The process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
- Achiever: People exceptionally talented in the Achiever theme work hard and possess a great deal of stamina. They take immense satisfaction in being busy and productive.
- Input: People exceptionally talented in the Input theme have a need to collect and archive. They may accumulate information, ideas, artifacts, or even relationships.
- Command: People exceptionally talented in the Command theme have presence. They can take control of a situation and make decisions.
As we have mentioned before, we don’t make hiring decisions based on this assessment. If we did though, that Achiever strength would’ve pushed us into the HIRE HER NOW category. Don’t worry, Kenna. We’ll keep you busy 🙂
We are so excited to have Kenna join our team. We are in a place of growth and her skills, background, and input will be paramount to the continued success of our clients as well as our company. Her new role is one that is absolutely crucial to scaling our process.
In Kenna’s “off” time (which, based on her current roles, we aren’t sure she actually has any), she likes to read, swim, and be outdoors. Kenna enjoys spending time with her family and her four dogs. Somehow, Kenna manages to read more than 100 books a year and is a self-professed personal and professional development junkie.