You’ve heard the phrase, “Work smarter, not harder.” It sounds easy enough, but how do you apply it to your behavioral health website? The secret is understanding your site visitors’ needs so you can convert them into high-value clients.
When boosting your behavior health website’s conversion rate, you must understand what drives visitors to certain web pages, what content they connect with, and what influences their actions. Invest in recognizing your audiences’ behaviors, so you can spend less time playing guessing games and more time helping the clients you care about.
Content Journey helps various mental health treatment centers and wellness brands turn blog visitors into customers. One of our clients even went on a waitlist for more than a year, partly thanks to our marketing efforts.
In this post, we’ll explain steps you can take to boost your behavioral health website’s conversion rate too.
Understanding Conversion Rate in Behavioral Health Marketing
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) refers to increasing the percentage of users or website visitors who complete a specific action to increase the number of leads you generate. For example, you can improve visitors’ site experience so they’re influenced to book an appointment, sign up for a newsletter, or contact you.
Understanding CRO is the foundation for interpreting your customer’s needs. It helps you get more out of existing leads rather than just garnering new leads. You can actually lower the cost it takes to acquire a new client by investing in existing site visitors who are already interested.
Your website’s conversion rate is an indicator of its performance health. Tracking and analyzing conversion rates help gauge where you’re doing well and where your website is falling short.
Conversion Rate Benchmarks for Behavioral Health Websites
By benchmarking your conversion rates against your competitors, you can gain insight into what practices are successful and why. What avenues are the best at gathering leads? What metrics can you achieve by following these practices? Prioritize conversion rates and best practices from your industry to ensure you have relevant information to pull from. Set marketing goals, so you have a roadmap to follow in your comparison study.
Conversion stats to consider:
- The average conversion rate by industry for healthcare is 3%, according to Ruler’s 2023 study.
- 92% of B2B buyers are more likely to purchase after reading a trusted review.
- 67% of customers prefer web forms over speaking with a representative.
- The average social media conversion rate by industry is 3.1%.
What does this tell us? A 3% conversion rate or more is what you should target. Trusted reviews add credibility to your brand, and social media strongly influences conversion rates.
Identifying Conversion Rate Optimization Opportunities
Your website can always improve. Conduct a conversion rate audit of your behavioral health website so you can determine your site’s strengths and weaknesses. Identify potential pain points and areas for improvement in the conversion funnel.
How do you encourage your customer to go from clicking on your website to booking an appointment? To understand which avenues are most successful, conduct A/B testing. Create two different campaigns with varying techniques and see which gets the payoff.
User experience (UX) also plays a role. Is your website easy to navigate? How does a site visitor feel when perusing your pages? As a behavioral health facility, your website should convey feelings of trust, honesty, vulnerability, and care. Using UX as your lens to enhance the usability, accessibility, and enjoyment of your website will boost your conversion rate.
Tips for Improving Your Behavioral Health Website’s Conversion Rate
Conversion practices for your behavioral health website can be unique because you need to focus on building trust with your audience. Behavioral health is a serious topic that requires honest and respectful vocabulary when communicating with clients. You must recognize the potential vulnerability of those seeking mental health services and approach your marketing strategies carefully.
Tips for driving more conversions include:
- Conversion Focus. What exactly do you want people to do after looking at your website? If your goal is for them to click on your site and show up at your treatment center with their suitcase in hand, that’s probably not too likely. But it can be done if you want them to view your website and contact an admissions specialist.
- Ease of Access. It should be easy for people to book an appointment, schedule a call, or request more information through your website. If any of these actions are what you want them to do next, make sure they can do it from multiple areas on the page. Display the button/link prominently on your ads and websites.
- Offer Options. Some users get discouraged from following through because they’re uncomfortable with the contact method. Instead of making the customer conform to your style, give them options to contact you. Maybe they’d prefer talking more personally over the phone. Perhaps they prefer the convenience of an online form.
- Include All Necessary Information. Your site visitors should be able to make an informed decision about your services based on the information you provide. You should include location, hours, appointment availability, insurance options, services available, and who will be offering treatment.
- Use Social Proof. People choose treatment centers based on credibility and reputation. That’s why reviews, ratings, and testimonials are crucial to the success of your behavioral health treatment facility.
- Optimize for Mobile. More than 60% of traffic comes from mobile devices. Ensure your website layout, appointment booking, and forms are just as accessible on mobile.
- Make Content Digestible. Most people skim when they read websites. Ensure your content is easily readable and digestible by breaking up paragraphs, using headers, subheads, and bullets, emphasizing statistics or pull quotes, and being strategic with including detail. Your content should also be engaging, interesting, and relevant to your visitors.
- Foster Meaningful Relationships. Approach your behavior health marketing with empathy and an understanding that your audience may be vulnerable and afraid.
- Share Compelling Content. Crafting compelling and trustworthy content will increase your conversion rate. By providing useful information in your brand’s voice, you can stand out from competitors and build relationships with potential clients. Create content people are searching for in the form of blog posts, service pages, videos, and downloadable information like workbooks or handouts.
- Share Real Success Stories. Including real-person testimonials and case studies on your behavioral health website builds trust with your audience. It also reduces the fear of the unknown or shame associated with mental health treatment. You establish credibility for your facility by showcasing success stories of clients achieving their treatment goals. Your site visitors will think, “That could be me.”
Find the People Who Need Your Help
Boosting your behavioral health website’s conversion rate helps you get more value from your site visitors and find the people who can benefit from treatment. When you optimize your website to convert visitors to customers, you can generate more qualified leads.
Remember to continuously monitor and analyze user behavior and use data to make informed decisions about your behavior health website. With compelling content, a strategically designed website, and strong calls to action, your conversion rate will surely increase. At Content Journey, we have the mental health marketing experience that makes us the perfect partner for your treatment facility. Contact us today to help increase conversions.