Launching a Content Marketing Strategy in 2023? Start Now!
Ring, ring! 2023 called. They said you need to start preparing your upcoming content strategy today!
Whether you’ve accepted it or not, 2022 is coming to an end. We’re in the last quarter of the calendar year, so it’s time to plan! You should consider launching a content marketing strategy if you want to boost your online presence and drive more sales in 2023.
What is a Content Marketing Strategy?
A content marketing strategy is a marketing tool that uses content to achieve your business goals. Content includes videos, graphics, podcasts, social media, and blog posts.
Having a strategy means you’ve set methods in place to attract new audience members and engage current ones. It also allows you to track the success of your efforts with analytics and engagement.
Every business is in a particular phase. Some are new, some are steady, and some are booming with clientele. Every business at every stage can benefit from a content marketing strategy.
Why Your Business Needs a Content Marketing Strategy
Maybe you’re thinking, “My business is doing fine. Why would I need a content marketing strategy?” High-quality content is crucial for building trust and rapport with your audience. Not only does it attract people to your business, but quality content also fulfills a need for them.
Your business needs a content marketing strategy because it’s:
- Connects and Converts Customers. Content is highly customizable, so you can attract your ideal type of customer. Once you’ve found a way to connect with them, your content is the driving force that converts them into supporters. Targeted content allows you to engage consumers from the minute they discover your brand until they purchase from you.
- Builds Trust. Your content is a window to the soul of your business. It allows consumers to understand your purpose and mission, so they can decide whether or not they align with their own. A positive brand reputation encourages your audience to return and think of you as a trusted source. They’ll think of you when they’re ready to buy what you offer.
- Develops Relationships. Attracting new customers is vital to the success of your business. But improving relationships with your current customers is just as essential. Loyal customers need content that adds value to their brand experience post-purchase.
- Cultivates Brand Awareness. To adequately compete with other businesses in your industry, people need to know your brand and how it solves their problems. They need to see your content, interact with it, and share it with others. They can’t consider purchasing what they’re unaware of.
- Improves SEO. Content continues to be the driving force behind good SEO. Content increases your visibility online. Search engines reward quality content by making your business one of the top results when someone searches for what you offer.
Launching a Content Marketing Strategy
Now that you understand the purpose and the benefit of launching a content marketing strategy let’s discuss how to start! Here are some of Content Journey’s pro tips.
- Start Now! Now is the perfect time to plan for 2023. Starting now gives you time to iron out issues or tweak the strategy before January rolls around. In other words, we can get to know you and your business and perform your SEO research if we start now. You’ll be ready to start posts in the new year!
- Establish Your Goals. Do you know exactly why you want to launch a strategy? Determine your “why,” then establish what goals you’ll set to achieve it.
- Do Your Research. Have a strong grasp of what’s happening in your industry, business, and audience. The more you know about your current situation, the better. It allows you to determine the best ways to reach potential customers.
- Develop Audience Personas. Create a persona for your target audience. Content topics and ideas should answer the questions your ideal audience has.
- Establish Your Brand Voice. All of your content should reflect your business’s brand voice — its personality. Your voice is unique to your business and a reason for customers to choose you.
- Create a Content Map. You need a place to plan your content and keep it organized. Create a content map to keep your thoughts in order and provide a visible reference point.
- Measure Your Performance. Take stock of your content performance. You can’t just “set and forget” content. Pay attention to how it performs so you can change what isn’t working and expound upon what is working. Collect that data!
- Outsource When Needed. Does all of this seem overwhelming? That’s OK! You can always outsource your content marketing strategy to experts. There is no shame in asking for help! You’re a busy business owner, and we specialize in helping entrepreneurs just like you.
Success in 2023
It may seem early to strategize for next year, but it’s the perfect time to start your content marketing plan. You don’t have to wait until the new year to create a new goal in your personal life, right? The same goes for your business. Contact Content Journey to learn more about how we can help your 2023 marketing goals come to life.