If you have been following all the happenings over at Content Journey, you have noticed that we are growing…rapidly. It is safe to say that word has gotten out that our clients are reaping all the rewards we offer.
It is because of our customer growth that our team needed to grow.
Lindsay deLaneuville (aka LindsDel or Del – not to be confused with the other Lindsey) started with us in the fall as a writer. With her background in copywriting, she was an excellent fit for many of our clients. However, it was quickly apparent to Camber and me that she had many other skills beneficial for our team.
Fun fact, LindsDel and Camber have known each other since they were in a wedding together!
After some discussion, Camber and I agreed that we wanted to find a way to elevate her role with Content Journey. We approached her with an opportunity to take on research for our clients, and she accepted. Not only did she take on the new responsibilities, but she also improved our process significantly by:
- Further streamlining our process
- Ensuring briefs were scalable for all clients
- Introducing us to a better project management system
Her work lifted our writers to a new level and further set them up for success.
After a few months, she wanted more, and so did we.
So – we had another conversation. That conversation allowed me to dig deep into what Del loves to do regarding work. I learned all about her love of project management (and her extensive background working in that capacity).
At Content Journey, we have a love for all things personality. While we don’t make decisions based on the outcome, we love knowing the strengths of those who work with us.
Del completed a Gallup Insights StrengthsFinder, and her results were:
- Context: People exceptionally talented in the Context theme enjoy thinking about the past. They understand the present by researching its history.
- Intellection: People exceptionally talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussion.
- Restorative: People exceptionally talented in the Restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and solving it.
- Relator: People exceptionally talented in the Relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
- Individualization: People exceptionally talented in the Individualization theme are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how different people can work together productively.
For context, my strengths are mainly in the strategic realm, with some relationship building sneaking in there. Camber’s strengths are deeply rooted in relationship building and organization.
As I said, we don’t make hiring decisions based on these assessment results, but it was clear that Del possessed qualities that would elevate our company and our team.
Furthermore, Del just fit. She understands who Camber and I are. She works well with our writers, staff, and clients. She brings levity to our days when she tells us how her daughter sang a Taylor Swift song at the top of her lungs in the grocery store.
It was an easy decision to give her a more prominent role and bring her on our team in an official capacity.
Del is leading the charge to create a coherent system to streamline all of our processes into one single place. Let me tell you something – it is not a small task. We knew that, with her background, Del was precisely the person we needed to handle it. I would even go so far as to say she was the only person who could do it.
We are so excited that Del has agreed to become a Project Manager at Content Journey. However, her place here is so much bigger. Del challenges us in the right ways and pushes all of us to deliver more for clients.
If we don’t keep her busy enough, her three daughters definitely do (with a set of twins, just for fun). Lindsay is also a highly skilled Dutch braider and a poorly skilled baker.
“After a long stint in technology, my true calling to write could no longer be silenced.” Lindsay deLaneuville
And we are so glad that she followed her heart – it led her to us!